The Town of Jamestown is located in Boulder County, Colorado, 12 miles northwest of the City of Boulder. It was incorporated in 1883, after gold was discovered near Jim Creek in the 1870s. The Town has a population of approximately 300 people. Within our Town is Jamestown Elementary School, one of the few remaining “one-room” schools in the country; the Jamestown Mercantile (presenting live music Mon, Thurs-Sat nights).
TOWN BOARD REGULAR MEETING
Monday, September 9, 2019 at 7:00 pm
Town Hall – 118 Main Street, Jamestown, CO 80455
A. ADMINISTRATIVE ITEMS
• Roll Call
• Approval of Agenda
• Approval of Minutes
• August 5, 2019
B. RECOVERY UPDATE
Discussion, Direction, Action: Flood Response, Recovery and Rebuilding
• Report: Tara Schoedinger
• Approval of Resolution 09 11; A Resolution Approving a Contract with Computer Sites, Inc. for the Jamestown Volunteer Fire Station Back-Up Generator Installation
• Mayor’s report
• Fire Ban
C. IN-PERSON REPORTS
• Town Clerk/Treasurer Report: Kristi Rutledge
• Local Recycling: Bridget Johnson
• Floodplain Administrator: Mark Williams
• Water System Operations: Jon Ashton/Vic Harris
• James Creek Watershed Initiative: Colleen/Mark Williams
• Land Use and Housing Advisory Committee (LUHAC) Barbara/Matt
• Stewardship Advisory Group (SAG): Ken
D. BOARD ACTION ITEMS
Discussion, Direction, Action:
1. Resolution 09-12, 2019; A Resolution Adopting a Financial and Controls Policy for the Town of Jamestown.
2. Approval of Resolution 09-13, 2019; A Resolution of the Town of Jamestown Authorizing the Mayor to Execute an Intergovernmental Agreement with Boulder County for a (2020) Sustainability Grant and Authorizing Expenditure of those Funds
3. Motion to Approve an Exception to the ADU Ordinance 05-03, 2019, per Section 5. (a) increasing the square footage exception granted at the May BOT meeting from 61 square feet to between 66 and 100 square feet for the proposed ADU at 7 Main Street.
4. Motion approving Trustee Oak Chezar as Chairperson for the Town Cemetery Committee.
F. BOARD COMMITTEE REPORTS
• Water Committee (Vic)
• Jamestown Volunteer Fire & EMS (Michael)
• Streets & Bridges (vacant)
• Elysian Park (Vic/Michael)
• Town Square (Vic/Michael)
• Garden Committee (Joe)
• Town Hall Maintenance (Heather)
• Lefthand Watershed Center (LWOG) (Ken)
• Consortium of Cities (Joe/Ken)
• Intermountain Alliance (IMA) (Joe/Ken)
• Colorado Municipal League (CML) (Ken)
Town Board Meetings are held on the 1st Monday of each Month (subject to change due to holidays and/or scheduling conflicts)
For the Current Board Meeting packet, click here
(unless the date falls on a holiday, then it will be the following Monday)
All residents are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Board packets will be published no later than 24 hours before the meeting.
*Note: The board packet materials are subject to changes/additions as they occur
Persons with disabilities may request reasonable accommodations by contacting the Town Clerk at 303-449-1806.