The Town of Jamestown is located in Boulder County, Colorado, 12 miles northwest of the City of Boulder. It was incorporated in 1883, after gold was discovered near Jim Creek in the 1870s. The Town has a population of approximately 300 people. Within our Town is Jamestown Elementary School, one of the few remaining “one-room” schools in the country; the Jamestown Mercantile (presenting live music Mon, Thurs-Sat nights); and the Jamestown Community Church.
Jamestown experienced a significant flood event on September 11, 2013 that lasted for three days. Since the flood, we have been working diligently toward the Town’s recovery. Please visit here to learn how Jamestown is becoming stronger and more resilient than ever before.
BOARD MEETINGS ARE THE 1ST MONDAY OF THE MONTH at 7:00 p.m. at the TOWN HALL
For the Current Board Meeting packet, click here
TOWN BOARD REGULAR MEETING
Monday, November 5, 2018 at 7:00 pm
Town Hall – 118 Main Street, Jamestown, CO 80455
A. ADMINISTRATIVE ITEMS
• Roll Call
• Approval of Agenda
• Approval of Minutes
• October 1, 2018
B. RECOVERY UPDATE
Discussion, Direction, Action: Flood Response, Recovery and Rebuilding
1. Report: Tara Schoedinger
2. Motion to Approve Amendment 3 to the (Boulder County Collaborative) Agreement between Jamestown and the City of Longmont.
3. Motion to Approve the Application for a Revocable License from Boulder County Permitting the Town to Install the West Gateway Marker on the County Right of Way.
4. Motion to Approve the Use of $27,000 Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Grant for Improvements to the Electrical System at the Water Plant.
C. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS: Discussion, Direction, Action:
• Letter to the County Commissioners Concerning Guardrails on CR94
D. IN-PERSON REPORTS
• Town Clerk/Treasurer Report: Kristi Rutledge
• Local Recycling: Bridget Johnson
• Floodplain Administrator: Mark Williams
• Water System Operations: Jon Ashton/Vic Harris
o Update on Emergency Water main Replacement Approved October 1.
• James Creek Watershed Initiative: Colleen/Mark Williams
• Land Use and Housing Advisory Committee (LUHAC) Barbara/Matt
• Stewardship Advisory Group (SAG): Ken/Scott
E. BOARD ACTION ITEMS
Discussion, Direction, Action:
1. Volunteer Recognition Program: Volunteer of the Month Selection- Trustee Harris
2. Potential Removal of the Streetlight located near 143 Mesa Street.
3. Letters of support for LWOG and Cal-Wood – Discussion of policy.
4. Resolution 11- 25: A Resolution Confirming the Position of Water Operator Assistant
F. BOARD COMMITTEE REPORTS
• Water Committee (Vic)
• Jamestown Volunteer Fire & EMS (Michael)
• Streets & Bridges (Scott)
• Elysian Park (Vic/Michael)
• Town Square (Vic/Michael)
• Cemetery (Chad)
• Garden Committee (Joe)
• Town Hall Maintenance (Heather)
• Left Hand Watershed Oversight Group (LWOG) (Ken)
• Consortium of Cities (Joe/Ken)
• Intermountain Alliance (IMA) (Joe/Ken)
• Colorado Municipal League (CML) (Ken)
(unless the date falls on a holiday, then it will be the following Monday)
All residents are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Board packets will be published no later than 24 hours before the meeting.
*Note: The board packet materials are subject to changes/additions as they occur