Drainage and Stormwater Master Plan Community Meeting
Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Town Hall
Agenda: Ayers will be giving their plan recommendations to the community.
In late 2016, the Town commenced a Drainage and Stormwater Management Master Plan. The plan was a recommendation of the Hazard Investigation and Risk Assessment Study and will be a more detailed evaluation of local drainages, recommendations on addressing issues, and conceptual design of priority solutions. Complete: Summer 2017.
- Funding: $100,000 Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery Round 3
- Drainage study to find solutions to drainage issues
- Identification of stormwater management opportunities
- 30% design for priority solutions
The Town would like to gratefully acknowledge the support of the Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) in this project.
Drainage and Stormwater Master Plan Updates
(Updated May 1, 2017)
- May 2017
- Stormwater management assessment; develop and prioritize solutions
- Community meeting for draft plan recommendations – Wednesday, May 31 at 6:00 PM – Town Hall
- June 2017
- Identify funding options, design priority solutions
- Draft plan to Town and DOLA
- July 2017
- Draft plan comments; final master plan
- Adoption targeted for special meeting in July or August 7 BOT meeting
(Updated March 28, 2017)
- 2017-03-27 Jamestown Community Meeting Presentation
- Drainage Issue Descriptions
- LIDAR_difference plot
- Problem Areas 1
- Problem Areas 2
- Problem Areas 3
(Updated on February 8, 2017)
Below is a table and two maps of the identified stormwater and drainage problem areas in Jamestown. Many of these sites were reported by Jamestown residents at the December Open House: