In late 2016, the Town commenced a Drainage and Stormwater Management Master Plan. The plan was a recommendation of the Hazard Investigation and Risk Assessment Study and will be a more detailed evaluation of local drainages, recommendations on addressing issues, and conceptual design of priority solutions. Complete: Summer 2017.
- Funding: $100,000 Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery Round 3
- Drainage study to find solutions to drainage issues
- Identification of stormwater management opportunities
- 30% design for priority solutions
The Town would like to gratefully acknowledge the support of the Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) in this project.
(Updated March 28, 2017)
- 2017-03-27 Jamestown Community Meeting Presentation
- Drainage Issue Descriptions
- LIDAR_difference plot
- Problem Areas 1
- Problem Areas 2
- Problem Areas 3
(Updated on February 8, 2017)
Below is a table and two maps of the identified stormwater and drainage problem areas in Jamestown. Many of these sites were reported by Jamestown residents at the December Open House:
- Data collection
- Lidar data
- Site visits
- Kick-off open house
- Issues mapping
Currently working on:
- Initial concepts
Also: Ayers Associates (our selected engineering team) will be updating the Jamestown Board of Trustees on March 6, 2017 on their progress so far. Be looking for information regarding a Community Open House to be held in March. Date TBA.