Comprehensive Plan Update Review
Monday, May 15, 2017, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Town Hall
Agenda: Communicate updates to the Jamestown Comprehensive Plan
New draft chapters are ready for review by residents (see below). Comments and suggestions are welcome. If you have images to share, please do!
A comprehensive plan is a framework and guide for accomplishing community aspirations and intentions. It includes goals and policies and recommends courses of action for future growth and development of land, public facilities, public services, and environmental protection. It is used as a reference when the Town government makes decisions in regard to these areas.
Jamestown’s current plan is the 1981 Comprehensive Plan. While many concepts and views discussed in the 1981 plan are still applicable, others are outdated. It’s time for an update. What’s been done so far:
- The 1981 plan has been reviewed and the outdated items (things that have already been done, statistics, etc.) have been updated. Information from the recent planning efforts have been incorporated into the new draft chapters.
- The information from the numerous planning processes that have occurred over the past three years have been consolidated with the sections of the 1981 Comprehensive Plan that are still applicable.
- A number of the Community Planning Groups (from the Long-Term Recovery Plan process) met on their specific topic area to discuss if anything else needs to be added or if anything needs modified.
- The full draft plan has been prepared and is open for review and comment.
The Town Board is getting summaries of the chapters at its regular board meetings (the first Monday of the month). Ideally, the comprehensive plan update will be accepted by the Board by July 2017.
Thanks for your participation! Your feedback is wanted and welcome!
Updated Version – Comprehensive Plan:
- Chapter 1 Policy Introduction May 2017
- Chapter 2 Setting and Community Profile May 2017
- Chapter 3 ValuesVisionGuidingPrinciples May 2017
- Chapter 4 Environment May 2017
- Chapter 5 Circulation May 2017
- Chapter 6 Utilities May 2017
- Chapter 7 Facilities&Services May 2017
- Chapter8 LandUse May 2017
- Chapter 9 External Factors May 2017
- Appendices May 2017
- Forward_Table of Contents
1981 Comprehensive Plan:
- Circulation section – 1981 version
- Implementation Secton – 1981 version
- External Factors section – 1981 version
- Environment Section – 1981 version
- Community Facilities section – 1981 version
- Utilities Section – 1981 version
- Land Use Section – 1981 version
- Introduction Chapter – 1981 version