The 2013 Flood destroyed all of the underground infrastructure at Jamestown’s Water Treatment Plant. In addition, the sand filters were contaminated and 50% of the distribution lines were destroyed. The Town’s engineers, water operators and Water Committee worked hard to bring the Town’s water system back online in August 2014. Since then, the Town continues to upgrade and mitigate its water system, and has extended its water distribution system to new areas of town to support new development.
Read the 2015 Consumer Confidence Report.
Public Notice (6/14/16):
Our water system recently violated a drinking water standard. Although this was not an emergency, as our customers, you have a right to know what happened, what you should do, and what we did to correct this situation. This information may be found here: Important Information About Your Drinking Water
About Your Water Bill:
- Water bills are sent out quarterly, by the 20th of the month preceding the start of the new quarter.
- Payment due dates: January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1
- Please contact the Town Hall if you prefer email or mail delivery, and also if you prefer to pay monthly.
- A 20% reduced rate is available on an income-related basis. Please contact the Town Clerk (303-449-1806) to request a rate reduction. Please view the following ordinance for details:
- Water Presentation from the January 9, 2017 Water Committee Meeting:
- Questions about your billing? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Jamestown Water Restoration Projects:
Water System Upgrades Project:
(Updated January 3, 2017)
This project is through a DOLA Water System Upgrades Grant for the purpose of making improvements to the Town of Jamestown’s drinking water system to correct deficiencies in both the treatment and distribution systems. This grant includes upgrades to the water distribution system, tank and valve work, and upgrades to the Water Treatment Plant to meet current codes and standards and to protect public health through the addition of corrosion control, pump control improvements and treating filter harrowing waste water. Distribution system upgrades are complete with work in progress at the Water Treatment Plant and tanks.
- Tanks: The renovation project at the tanks includes sandblasting the insides of the tanks, painting, valve work, foundation repair and vent replacement. The interior work on both tanks is complete and the tanks are back in service. Exterior work on the small tank is to be undertaken this winter and early spring.
- Distribution System: Controls for the water system high lift pumps are being upgraded this spring.
- Water Treatment Plant: Water stabilization and filter cleaning projects are in their final permitting stages with project completion anticipated by late spring.
Water System Resiliency Project:
(Updated January 2017)
This work is funded through a CDPHE Natural Disaster Recovery Grant for the purpose of increasing the resiliency of the water system in the event of a similar flood. The majority of the projects funded under this grant are complete, with one project remaining to complete. The completed projects include: purchasing and installing a backup generator, an uninterrupted power supply for the water treatment plant control system, upgrading the communications system for the water treatment plant, upgrading the filter valving and installing service connections that were lost during the flood.
The remaining project is improving treatment performance of the water treatment plant, which replaced the redundancy portion of the original project. The improved treatment project will be pursued in two steps, the first of which is a pilot and demonstration project of process modifications. The second step will be to implement process modifications deemed successful for maintaining treatment water quality in conformance with regulatory requirements. Step one of the improved treatment project will begin this spring, with step two following completion of step one, anticipated to begin during late summer, early fall.
The Jamestown Water Committee includes:
- Jennifer Aieta
- Jon Ashton
- Emma Hardy
- Vic Harris
- Tara Schoedinger
- Tim Stokes (Chair)
- Colleen Williams
- Mark Williams