The 2013 Floods destroyed 50% of Jamestown’s roads. Lefthand Canyon Dr. and James Canyon Dr. were also severely damaged. Since the flood, we have been working diligently to reestablish the roads in Town. Below is a list of current Jamestown road projects.
- James Canyon Drive Reconstruction (CR 94)
- Andersen Ditch
- Lower Main St. Bridge
- Gillespie Gulch Culvert
James Canyon Drive Reconstruction (CR 94):
From Boulder County: Shortly after flood waters receded, Boulder County got to work and built an emergency access road into town to help get people some much needed relief and supplies. Soon after the emergency road was built, the county returned and created a temporary “winter road” that allowed for access beyond high-clearance 4WD vehicles. This road remained in place until the summer of 2014 when a temporary asphalt surface was applied to the gravel sections of the roadway. The asphalt surface was applied so that area residents and service providers had a safe road to drive on while they completed their own flood recovery-related repairs and so that Boulder County and their engineering team could work on a permanent design for a roadway that would be safer for all travelers and one that would be resilient towards future flood events. The design team is confident the project can be completed without having to fully close the road. There will likely be single lane closure in effect 24 hours a day and traffic control personnel and traffic signals will be used to move travelers safely around the construction zone.
- FEMA portion – bids were received last week and are being evaluated by BoCo
- BoCo Construction intends to start in May. Anticipated completion is Fall or Winter 2018. More information here.
- Jamestown section won’t start until we get approval from FEMA.
- CDBG-DR – LOMR approved February 23
- submit 90% CDBG-DR plans for environmental review.
- CDBG-DR Traffic Calming
- Gateway marker designs (Design winner: Craig Brown) selected by community were approved by Board
Updated March 16, 2017
- In process: Buddy is cleaning up the ditch and burying the pipes.
- Please visit the FEMA HMGP Projects page for updates.
Gillespie Gulch Culvert:
Updated March 14, 2017
- Assembling bid package and obtaining USACE 404 permit
- Targeting to begin construction mid-/late-summer