- Phase I (FEMA funded): Excavation, grading and contouring – completed mid-2016.
- Phase II (GOCO funded): Construction of the landscaping and park features in progress by mostly local workers. Began November 2016; to be complete spring 2017.
(Updated February 7, 2017)
Phase 2 continues. Here’s what’s new:
- The ramada kit arrived January 18 and is being stored in the temp fire station. (Special thanks to Quinter F for his forklift-enabled front end loader for getting it off the truck in front of the fire station and into the bay at the temp fire station at the park.)
- Water line laid (Buddy/Arne)
- Electric installed (Scott S)
- Concrete pads poured (Grant J)
- Timbers for stairs (Joe R)
- Fill for stairs (Buddy)
- Rock wall work began (Matty G)
- Rock wall
- Ramada & Fountain
- Fencing / Curbs
Complete: early spring
To reconstruct Andersen Hill and Bridge, the Town swapped land with the Church. The swap included some of Town Square property. Even with this, the Church gave more than they got. This adjustment resulted in moving the western border of the Town Square 25′ to the east. For plans, please see the latest community presentation, linked above.
For more on the Town Square (including sketches), please see the: Community Meeting 2016 06 13 Presentation