Water Plant Operator Assistant
Posting Date: 9/14/17
Salary/Benefits: Hourly rate to be determined depending upon experience, $10-15/hour; no benefits.
- Assist the Jamestown Water Plant Operator (Operator in Responsible Charge)
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and exercise good judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Keep daily records of water usage, water quality and treatment plan performance
- Train to understand the function of the equipment, such as turbidity meters, pH meter, high and low-level alarms, tank level controller, chlorination system, valves, pumps, filters, gauges, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems
- Ascertain emergencies to report to plant operator or Town
- Cooperate with fire department in maintenance repair, and flushing fire hydrants
- Maintains safety standards in the water plant
- Comply with water testing, sampling and regulatory requirements
- Become knowledgeable of applicable State and Federal drinking water standards
- Awareness of and ability to comply with upcoming new drinking water regulations and changes to existing rules and regulations
- Possible to sit for small systems operator license almost immediately.
- Obtain Class D water plant Operators license as soon as qualified to test (on job for 2 years).
- High School graduate.
- Resident of Jamestown, Colorado or surrounding area
- Ability to perform approximately 1.5 hours/day, available 7 days a week at the water plant.
- Manual dexterity; mechanical skills
- Will perform work in confined spaces, following confined space entry guidelines.
- Able to work effectively with other town employees.
- Available by phone to the public and officials
How to Apply: Send resume to email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The Town of Jamestown provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Town of Jamestown complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The Town of Jamestown expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Town of Jamestown’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. View EEO Poster