Water Plant Operator Assistant
Posting Date: 9/14/17
Salary/Benefits: Hourly rate to be determined depending upon experience, $10-15/hour; no benefits.
- Assist the Jamestown Water Plant Operator (Operator in Responsible Charge)
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and exercise good judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Keep daily records of water usage, water quality and treatment plan performance
- Train to understand the function of the equipment, such as turbidity meters, pH meter, high and low-level alarms, tank level controller, chlorination system, valves, pumps, filters, gauges, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems
- Ascertain emergencies to report to plant operator or Town
- Cooperate with fire department in maintenance repair, and flushing fire hydrants
- Maintains safety standards in the water plant
- Comply with water testing, sampling and regulatory requirements
- Become knowledgeable of applicable State and Federal drinking water standards
- Awareness of and ability to comply with upcoming new drinking water regulations and changes to existing rules and regulations
- Possible to sit for small systems operator license almost immediately.
- Obtain Class D water plant Operators license as soon as qualified to test (on job for 2 years).
- High School graduate.
- Resident of Jamestown, Colorado or surrounding area
- Ability to perform approximately 1.5 hours/day, available 7 days a week at the water plant.
- Manual dexterity; mechanical skills
- Will perform work in confined spaces, following confined space entry guidelines.
- Able to work effectively with other town employees.
- Available by phone to the public and officials
How to Apply: Send resume to email@example.com